Bariatric surgery is performed to correct and prevent obesity and the diseases it induces. Bariatric surgical intervention promotes weight-loss and further regulation of metabolic balance.
At “Caraps Medline”, bariatric surgical interventions are performed with great success at the department of General Surgery after M.Kiladze.
- The latest methods and treatment technologies;
- The latest Storz laparoscopy equipment;
- A laboratory with an ISO 9001:2015 international certificate;
- Highly skilled and experienced specialists;
- Patient-centered care and high standards of patient safety.
The following bariatric operations are performed at Caraps Medline:
- Gastric restriction operations;
- Laparoscopic vertical (sleeve) gastrectomy;
- Gastric banding;
- Malabsorption surgery;
- Laparoscopic gastric bypass;
- Combined gastric surgery;
- Laparoscopic gastric mini-bypass;
- Laparoscopic sleeve-gastrectomy;
- Laparoscopic gastroplication.
Bariatric surgery is appropriate for patients with:
- excess weight with a body-weight index of 40 or more;
- excess weight with a body-weight index of 35-39.9 accompanied by potential life-threatening conditions such as high blood pressure, diabetes or sleep apnea (sudden interruption of breathing).
Caraps Medline clinic
Modern technologies, painless treatments, empathy towards patients, proper use of resources, highly skilled personnel – these factors have defined the success of the “Caraps Medline” clinic for more than 20 years. One of the clinic’s main advantages is its team of professional doctors in various specialties. Diverse outpatient services, general surgery, gynecology, in vitro fertilization, orthopedic and trauma surgery, osteo-synthesis, blood vessel surgery, plastic and reconstructive surgery, ophthalmology – the clinic offers its patients a full range of services.In 2014, Caraps Medline joined the Evex Medical Corporation. Today, the corporation owns the largest hospital network in Georgia and runs 47 clinics in six regions of the country.