The Evex network’s thoracic department provides 24-hour service for patients with thoracic problems in scheduled and emergency cases. Our clinic offers management of such pathologies as:
- thorax injuries
- closed thoracic traumas
- all types of pneumo, hemo and hydrothoraxes
- spontaneous pneumothorax, thoracoscopic treatment
- lung, thorax and pleura diseases, etc.
Every year, thoracic surgeons from our network attend local and international conferences and congresses and learn about up-to-date medical innovations. This allows us to offer a proper service that complies with modern standards.
The Department of Respiratory Medicine at M. Iashvili Children’s Central Hospital combines pediatric pulmonology, thoracic surgery, thoracoscopic and endoscopic services.
Various types of surgical procedures are performed in the clinic:
- congenital pathologies such as esophageal atresia, diaphragmatic hernia, congenital anomalies of lung and respiratory system, congenital tumors
- correction of thoracic deformations: cobbler’s chest, chicken breast
- surgical treatment for tumor diseases of thoracic organs
- surgical treatment for infectious diseases of lungs and pleura: lung abscess, pleural empyema pleural decortication etc.
- treatment for traumatic injuries of thoracic organs
- anti-reflux surgery
- surgical treatment for spontaneous pneumothorax
- lung echinococcectomy
- lung abscess
- pleural empyema
- thoracoscopic biopsy/excision of tumor mass
- therapeutic/diagnostic thoracotomy
- removal of foreign bodies from the respiratory tract
- removal of foreign bodies from the digestive system
- diagnosis and endoscopic treatment of congenital and acquired pathologies of the respiratory tract
- therapeutic and diagnostic endoscopy
- diagnosis and treatment of esophageal burns
Pediatric thoracic surgery
The pediatric thoracic surgery service offered by Evex Medical Corporation is one of the most developed country-wide. Almost every type of thoracic surgery can be performed:
- congenital pulmonary atresia;
- diaphragmatic hernia;
- pulmonary anomalies;
- trachea surgery etc.
Thoracic surgery to treat pleural complications, such as lung abscesses, pleural empyema etc., is also performed in our network.
Our thoracic surgeons have been educated and trained in world-leading medical centers; as a result, the success rate of our surgical operations equals that of the US, e.g. survival probability in patients with congenital diaphragmatic hernia is 78%.
Caucasus Medical Centre
Kavtaradze str. 23, Tbilisi, Georgia
Caraps Specialty Referral Hospital
48, Lubliana str., Tbilisi
Tbilisi Referral Hospital
1 Kindzmarauli turn, Tbilisi
Iashvili Paediatric Tertiary Referral Hospital
თბილისი, ლუბლიანას ქ 13/6
Tbilisi Traumatology Hospital
Tbilisi, 21, Lubliana str.
Childrens New Referral Hospital
Tbilisi, 21, Lubliana str.
West Georgia Medical Center
Kutaisi, 83a, Javakhishvili str.
Kutaisi Emergency Referral Hospital
Kutaiisi, 2, Ockheli str.
Batumi Referral Hospital
125, Bagrationi str. Batumi
Zugdidi Referral Hospital
206, Gamsakhurdis str, Zugdidi
Telavi Referral Hospital
1 Sekhniashvili str.,Telavi
171 Guria str, Poti