New Opthalmology Center at the Regional Hospital is equipped with modern medical technology.
Well-known and experienced opthalmologists, Professor Mikheil Omiadze and Mikheil Gabrichidze, will start seeing patients on April 2nd, at Kavtaradze Str. 23.
Any ophthalmologic condition can be managed at the center. The operating rooms are equipped with modern, high-technology equipment, which allows for carrying out complex opthalmoogic surgeries.
The newest generation Femto Excimer laser corrects myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism in 6 seconds. Emergency ophthalmologic service will work 24 hours a day. Ambulatory patients will be seen from 10:00 to 18:00. The center will also include pediatric patients.
Available Services at the Opthalmology Center:
- Surgical treatment of cataracts using ultrasound (Phacoemulsification) and implantation of high-yechnology, multifocal artificial lens.
- Surgical treatment of Glaucoma using Express shunt.
- Correction of myopia, hyperopia and astigmatism using Femto Excimer Laser.
- Surgical and laser treatment of a diabetic eye.
- Pediatric Opthalmology.
- Surgical procedures for nystagmus and computerized exercises.
- Surgical treatment of Keratoconus using Femtolaser- intracorneal ring implantation or corneal implantation.
- Keratoconus treatment using UV light- crosslinking.
- Early diagnostics of retinal and corneal diseases using Optic Coherent Tomography (TOPCON).